Sunday, September 20, 2009

Right, left, right, left, right, left. I was beginning to tire but at the same time starting to feel awake and alive. Usually a little weary of being alone outside in the night, tonight I felt safe. The moon was shining brightly, casting its light on my path and creating a strong feeling of security.



Running down the street my feet found their rhythm with the help of the radio-cassette walkman that my right hand clutched so dearly. "Tonight is going to be a good night" by Black Eyed Peas just came on. Music. You can say it's my hot hot sex. Few things get me going more than music can, it's like it just settles me and while running... it's magical.



Every street I ran down was deserted besides the few cats that lurked in the shadows of gardens and gutters, waiting to make their escape. Maybe that's why I enjoyed this run so much- nobody is around. To get away from the constant supervision, the cast of looks and stares, it's well, it's nice. Lately I've wanted to go under the radar, not be detected, incognito...vanish. I wish to exist, just not as much in the public eye. I want to do my thing and have only me and who I'm doing whatever with aware of it. I want a quiet, private life. I'm yearning for it. This run was satisfying that need. Aside from my mom (who I told I was leaving to run), nobody knew I was there, nobody knew I was about. And it was heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment