Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tonight I found myself talking in circles, I found myself not being able to focus on what was being said, I found myself staring at you and just getting myself into a nervous frenzy. I found myself realizing that you were awaiting an answer to a question and then getting embarrassed because I had forgotten you were talking because I was absorbed in watching your facial expressions. ...I found myself making a total ass of myself? Yeah, you can say that.

After more than five hours of conversation, three of those with a water bottle being turned and twisted about in my clumsy hands, I finally decided it was time for me to leave. Because I am supremely awkward I got up to throw away the water bottle and then threw a few parting words in your direction down the hall and then I ran out the door. Basically. I have taken to running out doors lately, my nerves get the best of me. I'm not much of a touchy person and thinking of what may happen upon parting makes me sick. I prefer to avoid hugs and all that stuff until I know what is going on. Anxiety ridden. Quick exits. Key to not being successful.

So,
sorry if I abruptly changed in demeanor and bolted for safety

And,
thank you for not running after me or doing the walk to the door/car


Friendship; so nice yet so very confusing,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment