Sunday, January 31, 2010

The past week has been the most eventful in a while. I began school as a full-time student again AND I had my 21st birthday.

Translation?

I have been trying to get back into the studious mode while also going out basically anywhere I want now. It's funny how much power one card with a birthday on it can have.

Yesterday I found out about a band, from my friend, called The Soft Pack. I now believe I have a new band in the running for my full attention. Their music is SO fun and danceable and the lyrics actually are kind of refreshing too, which is always nice. Anyways, yesterday this band had TEN shows to celebrate their record release and new record deal with subpop. Their cd comes out on Feb 2.

All throughout the day SP was playing house parties and record shops and the very last show (the one I got to go to) was in a warehouse in Los Angeles. It was a dream come true and made me remember how much I love live music and people watching and just being shoved into a crowded room and being surrounded by noise in general. I really enjoy it. But I have no idea how SP played shows all day while drinking beer and whatever else and still made it to the last one at midnight. That was impressive. If I started MY day at 10am with beer and donuts I'd be past sick by midnight.

OH! and when we got to the warehouse a guy asked me and my friend if we were 21 and for the first time I got to say YES and not be lying. AND he believed us. Such a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment