Saturday, June 13, 2009

last night's crusades

I closed my eyes. I opened them. I then closed them, again. This time I felt like they wanted to stay closed. Laying there, in my small twin bed, my back started to ache so I turned to my side. Now it was starting to get too hot. fuck, did someone turn on the heater? I did the one leg twist out of the cover so that half my body was comfortably under the comforter and the other is out. Feeling much better I started to drift off, I had finally left my thought and worries for the day.

Next thing you know I'm springing up from my bed, still half asleep, and ready to pummel my laptop that was sitting on the ground. I held the frog stuffed animal that I sleep with now high, high up over my head.

I looked at the laptop, half ready to cry and trembling and half super, SUPER pissed off. I knew that my laptop was possessed, but I never thought I'd have to perform a quick exorcism on it- especially while half asleep. I don't even know how to DO an exorcism.

I sat on the edge of my bed, and stared at the black screen of the laptop that was oozing out odd noises that shouldn't be heard by a human being. Working my nerves up to touch the mouse pad, I was coming up with possible reasons that it might be spitting out this gook noise.

-super possessed
-a song is playing
-a crazy virus has taken it over finally
-it's preparing for 2012

I moved my hand and poised my fingers over the mouse pad. Closer, closer. come on, you have to will yourself to touch it. you won't know unless you touch it. come on, come on. My fingers went down and I touched the mousepad half dreading that I was going to be pulled into the screen a voice saying something like "YOU KNEW YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT! NOW YOU WILL LIVE IN THE UNDERWORLD FOR EVER AND EVERRRRRR." Actually, I wasn't half dreading it. I kind of wanted to go somewhere else.

Nevertheless, I touched the mousepad and the computer turned to life. It was a song. A song by The Unicorns. Jellybones to be specific. A relief and a disappointment at the same time. I pulled my legs back on the bed and began the tossing and turning, frog in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment